Monday, June 15, 2009

Two Rules

It's VBS week at church. This is Justine's first Vacation Bible School to attend and my first to volunteer at. I'm leading crafts for 2nd-5th graders.

VBS starts off with a Worship Rally during which Paul Raack, our Children's Minister, gets up and gets the crowd screaming so loud that you can feel your insides rattle. Then he throws stuff out into the crowd for the kids to catch. The first night (last night) I stayed with her during the Worship Rally because it was her first night and I wanted her to feel comfortable. Well, all the screaming freaked her out and she cried a little. Then when it was time for her to go to her class (they left as a group) she cried and didn't want to go without me. One of her teachers took her and she ended up being just fine and loved it.

Tonight, before we even got out of the car to go inside I told her I had 2 rules. She said, "Okay" and held up 2 fingers. I said, "First rule is you must eat your dinner before you play. And the second rule is no crying." She said, "Okay. I have 2 rules." I replied, "You have two rules for me?" She said, "Ms. Penny is your friend and no crying." She cracks me up! And she followed her rules.

Tomorrow night is the 3rd night of VBS and the night the children will learn the ABC's of becoming a Christian. Pray for receptive hearts!!

Here are pics from the first night:











1 comment:

cmchrisk said...

don't you just love the things they come up with? I love it!