Justine has been in role play mode for a while now. She walks around wearing my shoes and carrying my purse pretending that she is the mom. She makes a point to tell me that she is the mama and I am the sister. Ethan is still the brother but her little role play puts her in charge. She tells him to be good at school and not to cry. She addresses him "sweetie" so I guess that is something I do often and don't realize it. It's actually be driving me crazy so I hope it's just a phase.
Then yesterday she decided she was the puppy. Not sure what's up with that. Tonight I couldn't leave her room at bedtime until I told the puppy night-night. Silly girl.
Ethan is learning something new every day it seems. He can let go very briefly and stand on his own. Yesterday he learned to play peek-a-boo by holding his blankie over his face when I say, "Where's Ethan?" then pulling it down with a big grin on his face. He's such a cutie. He also birthed 2 teeth this week. One on top and one on the bottom. He also learned to grind his new additions which is icky!
Mary, my mother-in-law, had a stroke last a week and a half ago. She is paralyzed on her leeft side. She spent the first week at Baylor and was moved into a nursing home/rehab center last Thursday night. So far it's not going so well. Typical nursing home. She says they aren't paying attention to her. This may or may not be though because since her stroke she now has an attention span of a 3 year old. Her memory is fine but she will tune out and move on pretty quickly. And I think anyone, even in their right mind, would lose all track of time just sitting in a room w/ no window 24/7. I would hate that!! The nursing home claims to have prepared a diet just for her needs. But last I checked a diabetic with high cholesterol shouldn't be eating cake, ice cream, fried foods and juice. Some changes need to be made there. The staff was also having trouble with her C-PAP machine. Something you don't really want to go without! Hopefully this is all because she is a new resident and they will work thru it quickly and get things right. As far as her mobility...she can move her fingers, wrist and her forearm a little bit. She actually moved her entire arm when she didn't realize it. That's great news as far as future recovery is concerned. Her leg and foot...nothing. Say your prayers!
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment