Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Sippy Cups
Justine still uses sippy cups. I've been polling other parents of kids her age and have discovered that most aren't using sippy cups anymore. Justine pretty much uses them ALL the time. So I announced this morning that we will give her sippy cups to Santa so he can give them to the little kids and she can use big girl cups all the time. Boy, that didn't go over well AT ALL! She was so upset and actually put herself in time out. Waylan and I sat down to eat next to an empty chair where Justine should have been sitting. About 15 minutes later she came to the table and said she would let Santa give her cups to the little boys. Waylan said that girls should get her cups but she said no and insisted they should go to the little boys. So, we made progress and will set the cups out for Santa on Christmas Eve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Samantha still drinks out of a sippy cup too. I had no idea that all the other kids her age weren't using sippy cups anymore. I usually let my kids drink out of them until they insist that they are too old to drink out of them anymore! lol!!!!
My kids used them until they were about 5; they sure save on spills around the house and in the car...of course, now you can buy the ones that are non spill with lids and straws. They didn't have those when my kids were little. :)
That is a great idea.
I wonder if I can talk Durl into giving Santa his XBox 360?
Post a Comment