A while back I gave Justine a piece of paper with her name typed out really big 2 times in a tracing font I found online. I was surpised when I learned that she can trace! She did so well and was so proud of herself. She can also recognize her name. But I'm not sure if she REALLY recognizes it or just that "J". Because when she sees "Jesus" she says that's her name too.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Brag Moment
I've been so focused on all the disobedience we've been getting from Justine lately I thought I would switch gears and blog about the praises.

A while back I gave Justine a piece of paper with her name typed out really big 2 times in a tracing font I found online. I was surpised when I learned that she can trace! She did so well and was so proud of herself. She can also recognize her name. But I'm not sure if she REALLY recognizes it or just that "J". Because when she sees "Jesus" she says that's her name too.
Justine is in Cubbies now. This is the 3 & 4 year old club of Awana. This year she begins memorizing scripture verses. I wouldn't think a 3 year old could do that but just as thousands of kids have proved it's possible in the past Justine has proved it in the here and now. She memorized the Cubbies Motto: Jesus Loves Me and the Cubbies Key Verse: God loved us and sent his Son. They don't have to recite the verse reference until they're 4 years old so we leave that part off for now. It's hard to see in the photo but her leader signed off that she recited the verses on the right hand side by the ribbon. This week she is learning that the A on her Cubbies vest stands for ALL have sinned. And the C stands for Christ. "While we were sinners, CHRIST died for us." And she has those 2 ready for Sunday already. After reciting those she will get to wear her Cubbies vest. I'm sure she will be so proud.
I made a calendar chart for Justine so we can follow the days of the week and hopefully help understanding where she will be on any given day. There are pictures of her teachers at each school, a picture of the church with a music note for when she has children's choir on Wednesday, a picture of the church for Sunday and a picture of Cubbie Bear for Sunday night. She loves the calendar and knows what all the pictures mean.
And finally, this is Justine's Reward Chart. It has 9 flowers to meet as she goes along the path to the fairy castle. She is at #8 right now. She goes forward for good behavior and backwards for bad behavior. For instance, tonight she messed around when it was time to get jammies on so she went to time out. For going to time out she had to move backwards. But then she took her allergy medicine well and got to move up again. She went to bed good also so she can move up in the morning. She gets a mini surprise for getting to #5 which she did with Waylan last night. He took her for ice cream. When she gets to #10 she gets to go to Peter Piper Pizza. I am proud to say that her behavior has been much improved since we started the chart on Monday night. Apparently she is a visual person who needs incentives.
A while back I gave Justine a piece of paper with her name typed out really big 2 times in a tracing font I found online. I was surpised when I learned that she can trace! She did so well and was so proud of herself. She can also recognize her name. But I'm not sure if she REALLY recognizes it or just that "J". Because when she sees "Jesus" she says that's her name too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You are so creative! I love the schedule.
You are so super cool! Did you download the supernanny chart or order it? It looks so good! And Justine is so lifelike!
Post a Comment