The dictionary defines 'wait' as
1. to remain inactive or in a state of repose, as until something expected happens
2. to remain neglected for a time
3. to postpone or delay something or to be postponed or delayed
Cindy defines 'wait' as
1. Parkland
2. Parkland
3. Parkland
When we picked up Amejia from Parkland we were there 3 hours...we waited. I had to take Amejia to the doctor yesterday for his follow up check up. It was a division of Parkland and...I waited.
So, how did the doctor visit go? Our appointment was at 2:15pm and I was asked to get there 30 minutes early. So at 1:45pm I drove into the parking lot with a screaming, hungry little man. I made the bottle on the way so I could feed him as soon as we sat down in the lobby. I was to go to Suite 110 and as I walked into this building there was one small hallway with offices to the left and right and chairs and benches in the hallway. The highest number suite I saw was 105. Meanwhile, still have a screaming baby. So I sat down on a bench and gave Amejia his bottle. While feeding him I asked the lady next to me if this was all the offices or if she knew of any other hallways or offices. I discovered she didn't speak English. What a joy! I don't speak Spanish unless you want me to count to 15 or say hello and goodbye. Needless to say that conversation was over. After about an ounce Amejia was content and I could continue with my search for Suite 110. I walked back out the front door to look for another entrance and across the street was the building I should have been at! Who thought it was a good idea to put two medical locations across the street from one another and give them VERY similar names?
Now this place was HUGE! I drove around awhile to first find the entrance to this place and then to find a parking place. Boy was I happy to know I had put the stroller in the back of the car. My arm would have fallen off if I had to carry Amejia's car seat into this place. So we get all set and make our way into the building. There were signs to all sorts of areas of this building but NOWHERE did it say where suite 110 was. So I went on a little scavenger hunt. Could not find suite 110 for the life of me. I ended up at the Women's area of the offices and thought, 'hmmm...maybe that's were the pediatricians are..." So I make my way in and have to wait in line in order to talk to the receptionist. Recall, I was supposed to arrive at the doctor's office at 1:45pm. It's now after 2pm.
So the receptionist calls me up and I tell her that I doubt I'm in the right place and ask her where suite 110 is. She directs me to the complete other side of the building! I felt like I need a google map to get there. But I made it to the end of the narrow, winding hallway that led me to suite 110. I walk in, relieved to finally be where I'm supposed to be. I sign in and the receptionist asks if this is my first visit. I answered yes (obviously--if she had only known what I had been through already) and she said I needed to register first at the registration office. My response--laughter! What else could I do after my visit so far?
So once again, I get my directions to the registration desk. I walk in, get my forms to fill out and then I have to leave this area and sit out in the open area of the building to fill out the forms then go back into this office to turn them in. So that's I did. Then I had to go back into the open area and wait for her to process them. So, we wait, and we wait, and we wait. Finally the lady came out with my paperwork and gave me directions to 110. I saved her the time and let her know I had already been there.
Finally, I made it back, signed in (for real this time) and then waited. And waited. Once called back things went fairly quickly (finally...progress!). The doctor was great and after his examination of Amejia told me that he was perfect! He weighed 8 pounds 2 ounces, just where he should have been. And his circumcision was all healed. Thank goodness because I had had my fill of doctoring that up! The negative about the examination is that Amejia screamed the entire time because he is not a fan of being naked. I kept him wrapped in a blanket as much as possible which helped some. Then came our next instruction...take paperwork to the lab so Amejia can have his poor little foot poked to have some bloodwork done. Once again, I needed a google map.
I'm now headed to the other side of the building, again. When I get to the lab I found myself standing in the hallway behind several other people waiting for someone to come to the window. Eventually, a woman came out and began taking everyone's paperwork and their number. She got to me, took my papers and asked for my number. My number? Oh, I was supposed to take a number from that number dispenser on the wall? Until she pointed it out I didn't know the number dispenser existed. So I pull out a number and handed it to the lady. She leaves with everyones paperwork and numbers and I decided, once again, to take a seat. And wait. And wait. It was finally our turn, they poke little man and we were on our way. Our way OUT of the building and headed home. It's now 4:45pm!
All for one little check up!
Mommy Visit for Amejia
Amejia had his first visit with his mommy today. The CPS transporter picked him up from the church at 10am this morning. His visit was from 11-1 at the CPS office (supervised by her caseworker) and he made it back around 2pm. Justine is at Grandma's so it was strange to have no kids for 4 hours. I actually got some work done! As I mentioned in a prior post I sent photos and a report card to his mom. I'm not sure how she responded to that but I did learn that she was very emotional during the visit. You can't really read it but here is what the report card looked like:

Here is a picture of what he wore to see his mom and some cute pictures I took tonight. He slept forever and I got some pics of him stretching. He also grinned in his sleep when I was talking to him. So cute.



5 comments:
My goodness...that Parkland situation is a hot mess.
Amejia is such a handsome little thing. The yawning pictures are adorable. Such a sweet baby.
Oh, and I forgot to ask: Is the report card thing something that you are supposed to fill out or just something you're doing on your own for the family, like the scrapbook you did for Nathan?
That is really a neat idea.
Cindy,
You are just amazing. I love the report card. That is simply beautiful. I'm honored to be your e-friend. LOL
TTYL!
Heather
Awww! I love the yawning/stretching pictures....so cute!
That doctor's appointment sounded like what happens to us when I have to take Samantha to an appointment at Children's hospital. I actually have to plan on spending most of the day there....one appointment took us seven hours one time!!!
O the joy of Medicaid and Parkland. Although going to Children's w/insurance isn't much easier! He looked so cute to go see his mama and the report card was so cute too. Ok, I was wrong...he is a cute baby. I hadn't seen a picture of him w/his eyes open!!
Post a Comment