Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Back to a Family of Three

My phone rang at 7:45 am this morning and I was changing Nathan's diaper so I couldn't answer it (didn't want to leave me exposed to the fountain :-)). So about 30 seconds later it rang again and this time I answered. It was the CPS investigator. I hoped she was calling to cancel but no such luck. She wanted to come an hour early. So she arrived at 8:25. I had just finished feeding him and was getting ready to change him. She was nice and let us hold him until we were ready to let him go. I made a scrapbook for his parents last night and she looked at it and loved it. Said it was nice of us. So we packed him up and walked him out to the car. She was relieved when I told her he would probably sleep the entire drive. Justine waved to him as they left and now we are back to a family of 3. I already contacted 4 different employees at our agency to make sure we are back on the list for another baby.

Here are a couple shots of his scrapbook:





We have a busy day to take our minds off of things. Justine has a dentist appointment then we are going to McDonalds. Waylan is mounting a deer today and this afternoon I have a ton of work to do for our Finance meeting tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm crying right now!!! I said a prayer for you at about 9:25am and I think that really stinks that they came an hour early! Please let me know if I can help in any way!

Melissa said...

We are getting ready to leave on our trip. I love you. What a wonderful gift you are giving his family. May you feel the Lord's arms around you on this day and the days to come. I pray that CPS calls soon with another baby that will be your's soon. I'll call you tonight. Love you.

Bones said...

Contrary to what your physique shows us, Cindy, you are a very big person indeed.

God bless you.

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful gesture Cindy.

I agree with Heather's comment.