Yes, 2 posts in one day. Nothing for weeks so I guess I need to catch up.
We've been working on manners with Justine lately. She is really bad about saying stuff like, "I want juice!" in a demanding voice as she tosses her cup to me. So EVERY time she does that we work on the alternative phrasing..."may I have more juice please?" I won't budge until I get the correct request. What's funny is a lot of times I ask her to ask nicely and her response is, "nicely please."
Slowly but surely she is getting the picture. Every night after dinner Waylan tells me thank you for cooking dinner. For the last 2 nights Justine has beat him to the punch. Just makes me smile from ear to ear to hear her say, "Mommy, thank you for cooking dinner for me."
We aren't there yet though. We went to Michael Emo's birthday party at the park today. She was so excited about going to the point that it was her first request when she woke up this morning. But once we got the park all she was interested in was swinging. "Mommy, I want a wing" she said. The entire time!! She didn't even care to see him open his presents. Not the best of manners but we'll get there (as long at the birthday party isn't at the park).
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Awwww...she'll get there. That is precious that she told you thanks for dinner before her daddy got to.
Post a Comment