Saturday, May 31, 2008

Tell me how....

...how can I possess 2 opposing qualities?

First of all, as Waylan can testify, I can never seem to finish anything I start. Besides my marriage and my position at the church, the only thing I've ever stuck with is scrapbooking. Probably because it's never finished. Another day, another photo.

On the flip side, I can't quit! As most of you know, I am a "stone girl". I adhere stones to ballroom dresses (like in Dancing with the Stars). I tried to quit the other day and it didn't happen. Kelly, my dress lady, is attempting anything for me to continue working for her. She says I'm her best girl. She loves the work I do and can depend on me to be finished when I say I will. So that's a pat on the back but I still wanted to quit. It's a very time consuming job and something I don't start until after Justine goes to bed so it amounts to a lot of late nights in a row. And gas money back and forth to Allen during the process which is so not cool these days. But, I'll be doing another dress as soon as she is finished sewing it. So, there you go.

To those who wanted to be a psychiatrist when you grew up....how can I possess these qualities?

4 comments:

Marla said...

Once you say no the first time, it's easy to say no the second, third, fourth...

Jenn said...

Unfortunately, I'm no help. I have the exact two qualities!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you did that dress thing. That's cool....but I can see how it would be very time consuming.

I agree with Marla. It gets easier to say no after you have a little practice.

lizzy said...

Is it worth the money?