Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Baby Parc

Two calls in two days. Not bad odds. Today's call was for Baby Parc. Unfortunately, Parc was born addicted to heroin and experiencing withdrawals and tremors. He was born yesterday and will be released from the hospital on Monday. Because I have not previously researched the long term effects of heroin exposure in utero and because Parc is hispanic (and we have requested a caucasion baby) I rejected the placement. Even though it felt so right to reject him it's still so hard because I feel this sense of selfishness that he is somehow "not good enough" to be a member of our family. I pray God will place him in just the right family for him.

1 comment:

Woody said...

I think God is going to give you a sense of peace to know exactly the perfect time and the baby that is just right when they call. His timing is perfect.
Love ya!