Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My baby's black eye


Justine woke up this morning with what appeared to be a black eye. "What in the world happened to you?" I asked her. I asked if her eye hurt and she said yes and rubbed the hurt eye. I thought she hit her eye on the rail of her bed or something during the night. But I never heard that 'I'm hurt' scream during the night so I knew that couldn't have been it. Waylan came home from work and confirmed it was not a black eye from injury; something else was wrong. So we made an appointment at the doctor's office and it turns out she has a skin infection around the eye. Such a strange thing! She will be on 10 days of antibiotics and some drops to keep her from rubbing it. Yea fun.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't realize it looked so bad! Poor Justine...that looks so uncomfortable!!!

By the way, I haven't been ignoring your blog. Your last three or four posts just now showed up for me to see!