Thursday, February 22, 2007

Events of the day...

It's been a while since I've posted. Our house is coming along...we have sheetrock now! It's fun to actually see rooms. I got an email today and our closing has been scheduled for March 29th. They even have the time scheduled! I pray everything stays on schedule and the job is done right.


I attempted to walk down to the house today with Justine. She wanted to push her baby stroller and I chose to push her stroller just in case she tired out. About half way down the block she threw her stroller down, laid down on the sidewalk and proceeded to throw a fit. She got up pretty quickly though. The concrete isn't as comfortable as the carpet for tantrum throwing. She didn't want to walk and didn't want to ride in her stroller so I scooped her up and we turned around and came home. I'm sure the neighbors had a good show. The tantrum didn't end there. It lasted for about 45 minutes. Nothing but crocodile tears, rolling around on the floor and saying, "no" to everything I offered her. Is this what they call the terrible twos? If so, she's early! After a while she chilled out and we went outside to play. She enjoyed this for over an hour. Of course I took a ton of pictures that I'll post later! It was such a pretty day we just had to be out in it. As much as I hate the tantrums I'm sure it's just a phase and still think she is the cutest little people to walk the planet.


I must tell you what she did while we were outside. I was sitting in the chair reading my scrapbook magazine (imagine that) and she walked over to me, took my magazine, pulled me by the hand and said, "out". She made me get out of the chair! Then, about 2 seconds later, she pushed me over to the chair, made sure I sat down then put my magazine back in my lap and ran off to play. What a smart girl. She must know that scrapbook magazine = therapy.



I did something today that should win me wife of the year! I don't know of many wives who would do this. Waylan got a package in the mail. I was nice enough to go to the post office to pick it up for him. This act alone wouldn't warrant me getting the award but because I'm married to a taxidermist it does. This is especially good wife material because I knew ahead of time I was going to retrieve a box containing dead animals! I didn't even think it was legal to mail dead animals. But it didn't stop there. I had to open the box, get the animals out and put them in the freezer. Luckily for me these small, squirrel like, but a bit larger than a squirrel creatures were in zip lock bags. Otherwise, I most likely would not be getting the wife of the year award! How is that for excitement?



I must go now. I recorded Grey's Anatomy and it's a good one...does Meredith live or die...I must find out!

No comments: