In true fashion, it's been awhile since I've posted.
We had Justine's ENT appointment and she will be getting her tonsils and adenoids out on May 15. Additionally, she'll get the blood vessels in her nose cauterized and possibly a tube in her left ear pending another vibration test. I thought for sure she would make it from her last illness (first week in April) until the surgery without being sick but boy was I wrong. Since I picked her up at school Wednesday here is what we've experienced: temps as high as 103.4, snot, drainage, huge tonsils, green gunky eye drainage (potentionally pink eye but went away too fast), 4 nose bleeds (3 just today!), throwing up from coughing so hard (that was in my bed at about 3am), and a double ear infection. Thankfully, her lungs have been clear. When I called the doc last Thursday I was told, "She just has a cold. See how she does over the weekend." Her doc was out and that was from a different doc in the practice. Today I just went to straight to making an appointment. Felt there was no use in calling in her symptoms to the nurse as that obviously got us nowhere. Poor Justine! That's one year for your average kid and the poor girl gets it all at once just 2 weeks after being sick. Needless to say, I can't wait for her to have surgery!!
While we were at the doc office and just getting ready to leave I noticed green gunky stuff in Ethan's eye. The doc took a look and said, "now HE has pink eye." Because he is on medicaid he can't be seen by Justine's doctor's office. But because her doc used to see foster kids (she was Justine's doc at Children's when she was in foster care) she totally understands and was gracious enough to write a prescription for him too. Knowing he'll be ours in 11 days, it's all good.
We had our last visit with CPS and the agency recently and have been working on all the finishing touches before adoption day. This Friday is our Presentation Staffing where we are officially chosen as his parents. One of the last things the agency said is, "be careful with him...you don't want anything to happen that would open an investigation and interfere with the adoption." So in being careful...Ethan fell right over and did a face plant into my laptop table. That was a black eye in the making and yep, I had to report it to the agency. Luckily it didn't bruise really at all and you can't even tell now (It happened Friday). The sad thing is that I was right there and couldn't stop it.
Although he fell he can sit really well now and play forever. He actually prefers this new perspective to being parallel with the floor all the time and is much more content. He can go to the crawling position from the sitting position and almost to the sitting position from crawling position but not quite. But the boy still can't crawl. He's been rocking for a month now and I just knew he'd be crawling already. You can't say he isn't trying though. He looks more like he's playing twister than trying to crawl. He gets on all fours and rocks, puts one arm up in the air like he's raising his hand in class and then doesn't know what he's supposed to do with it, gets on another version of all fours--hands and feet with his butt straight up in the air, gets on hands-one knee-one foot (that's a funny one) and on his head. That happens when the frustration sets in and he just throws a hissy.
I'm very ready for his adoption. It will happen May 8 then we are dedicating him in church May 10. A great Mother's Day for me!! And my mom will be here. We never get to spend Mother's Day together so that will be special too. I wanted to have a get together on that Saturday to celebrate but Waylan is working that day. So looks like we'll do something Friday night and just hope he doesn't conk out too early! More details to come.
I'm sure there is more to post but that's the big stuff.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Poor Justine. I can't believe all the sickness she has been having lately. Here's praying she gets well and stays well for surgery! I am excited about the 8th! What a joy that will be!
Post a Comment