Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Latest...

Well, Justine is sick again. This is the 3rd time since Christmas that she has had huge tonsils. With her huge tonsils this round is Sinusitis. She is on an antibiotic as of yesterday and was referred to an ENT to see if she needs her tonsils out. That appointment is Wednesday so I'll post more after that.

Ethan had his 6 month check up today. He turned 6 months old on Saturday (already!) I'm so glad to report that this will be his last visit to the foster care clinic (unless he gets sick between now and May 8). After that he's mine and will go see our regular pediatrician. He continues to be on track growth wise. Still 90% in height at 28 inches and 50% in weight at 16.3 pounds. He has a tiny head at only 16 1/2 inches which is around the 5th percentile. She referred to him as a "string bean". As usual, the first comment out of her mouth when she saw him was "_____ ___ _____" {I'm sure you can fill in the blanks}. Yep, "he's so long!". It's what EVERYONE says. I think I'll have some shirts made that say "I know I'm long." He's like a puppy that needs to grow into his hands and feet. But back to his check up. She gave him a developmental test which he passed with flying colors. He rolls over, can feed himself, can rock on all fours, responds to sounds unseen, reaches for objects out of reach, passes objects from hand to hand, can sit unsupported (briefly-did it for the first time this morning), can imitate one sound ("ah"), can clap, recognizes people, and connects sound with action (for example, this morning he heard the chime of the back door when it opened and turned towards the door to see who was coming in then gave huge smiles when he saw Waylan). He was pretty much on track as a 6 month old but closer to an older 6 month old versus the young 6 month old that he is. He is so extremely active and wiggly that she had a hard time checking him out. At one point he had his legs wrapped around her arm like he was wrestling her! Guess he didn't want his throat looked at! The doc said, and I quote, "as soon as he's mobile your days are gone!" I do believe she is right. I have no idea what I'm in for!

I have a lot of pics to post and it's easier to load them to dropshots so take a look there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so precious, I can't wait to babysit!