I got the green light from the pediatrician to start Ethan on cereal at 4 months of age. But, I'm impatient so I started him tonight, about a week shy of his 4 month birthday. I figured it's so watered down when he first gets it that it can't hurt him, right? Please say right! Well I went for it.
I put him in his new bumbo seat and introduced a spoon to that cute little mouth. He sort of opened his mouth to accept the spoon. I'm sure the months ahead will be much different when he begins to beg as soon as he swallows. But tonight, well, not so sure he is really ready. But then again, it was all new. And on top of that I think he was really more interested in the new perspective of the 3 cooing mouths and 6 sparkling eyeballs staring at him. New view--new food...a little much to handle. I'll continue to give him the watered down recommended first cereal for a few days and see if he begins to respond a little better. If not, I'll hold off a week or two and try again and if so I'll thicken it up. He did in fact move his tongue around to explore just what was going on. Not sure if the cereal was swallowed or not or just absorbed in his cheeks. And some dribbled out.



2 comments:
I just put Jenna's high chair together so we can start cereal today! I'm so NOT in a hurry.
My boys all started eating cereal well before four months! He'll get better at it....give him a couple of weeks and he'll be eating like a pro!!!
Post a Comment