I typically do not check on Ethan before I go to bed. He wakes up enough on his own; he doesn't need any interruptions from me. But tonight I thought I would peek in and I discovered the boy has been hiding something from us! He is a tummy sleeping, thumb sucker!! Check this out...
Don't laugh...your eyes are not playing a trick on you. The bumper pad IS mounted on the OUTSIDE of the crib, not the inside because it's against agency rules to use a bumper until he is 6 months old. But I kept finding his legs hanging out of the crib so I was desperate to do something.
Tomorrow is the court hearing to terminate Ethan's birth parent's rights. A very monumental day for us! There is a 3 month waiting period to follow during which bio parents or family can appeal the termination. But we aren't worried. I'm aiming for a June 2 adoption day if possible.
As for Justine, well she is 3 going on 30. Here is a recent quote from the queen:
Justine: [waltzing down the stairs with a purse on both arms] "Can I take my purses to Mrs. Lettie's to show Michael?"
Mommy: "No, you cannot take toys to school."
Justine: "But I LOVE boys!"
Mommy: "No, you don't!"
Later that morning, walking down the hall to Mrs. Lettie's (without purses) Justine fell and Michael witnessed it. I could tell she was embarrassed to have been seen by her 'boyfriend' but he was so cute. He walked over to her, knelt down to her, patted her on the back and said, "Justine, I have bandaid's at my home." It was truly sweet. But, THEY ARE THREE!!
And for us...we celebrated 14 years of marriage yesterday. Unfortunately I was throwing up sick the night before and nauseous all day so not the best of company. Justine went to school and Ethan went to Grandma's while we spent the day to ourselves. We went window shopping for a new TV for our bedroom and some end tables for the living room (but need our tax refund before purchasing). Then we went home and took a completely quiet, uninterrupted 2 hour nap. Those are sure hard to come by so while it seems whimpy to take a nap on your anniversary it was a treat for us!!! Then we took Waylan's wedding ring to be resized and both of ours to be steam cleaned and polished. So next week we will appear to have new rings as neither have EVER been cleaned! Then we picked up Justine from school, had dinner at Peter Piper Pizza then went to get Ethan and headed back home.



3 comments:
She better not have a boy friend! This is her Daddy speaking!
Sounds like you all had a nice day despite being a little sick to the tummy. Congrats!!! Your kids are the cutest and I sure will be praying for everything with Ethan.
I loved your whole entry! I so understand the quite 2 hour nap thing! Glad she likes boys, but I know here daddy has guns, and knows how to use them, so they better stay in line..... :)
Post a Comment