
For those who may not be aware, the transmission in my Durango bit the dust. We've struggled with car repairs for a majority of the life of my 10 year old car. We had to decide if we wanted to spend the money to put in a new transmission (which would cost more than the trade in value of the car) or purchase a new car and accept having a car payment. So we took the plung and purchased a new (used) car today. A 2004 Honda Odyssey. It's really nice and we got a good deal, thankfully. It has a DVD player which will be great for Justine and later Ethan. And it has power doors which will come in handy for me considering it seems as though my hands are always full! I always said I would NEVER drive a mini-van however after having kids I decided it wouldn't be so bad. So much extra room! I've been eyeing the Honda Odyssey for several years but haven't been able to afford one. Well, I still can't afford one but at least the market is such that we got a great deal! I was trying to decide what my favorite part was about the car but it's too hard. Compared to my Durango it's all good! I guess not having to stare at a check engine light is quite nice. Justine's favorites are no doubt the DVD player and the doors that 'open and shut by themselves'! She was all giggles on that one. I hate having a payment now but I must say I'm so relieved to finally be in a good car that I know I can depend on.



4 comments:
I'm soooo very happy that you got a good deal, and now you can drive without worrying that the car will die on you. That's a huge praise! Yea!!
Girl! Are you totally loving the van? And the automatic doors? After having 2 infants in carrier in a F150 with suicide doors, I am still loving my auto van doors 1 year later!
I totally want to know when the Durango bonfire is. I'd burn Michael's Chevy Malibu, too, but the thing is still running (for which I am thankful Lord...I mean it Lord...very thankful!).
It's about time you got a new car. It's a beauty! I'm so happy for you!!!!
That is great! I'm glad you got something that is reliable and has plenty of room! :)
Post a Comment