Where do I even start? Just when I think life can't get any crazier it seems to just continue on and on getting crazier by the day. And not necessarily bad...just crazy busy.
As you read before my car died and we now have a Honda Odyssey. We took it (and Ethan) on a first road trip and it (and Ethan) did perfect. Great gas mileage! Ethan basically slept the entire ride!
I've become addicted to Facebook and seem to be blogging less and less now. According to Facebook I have 91 friends...who knew? Friends from elementary school, middle school, highschool, college, church, family and just life. It's crazy but I love being able to see what people are up to. My first college roommate found me and I thought I had lost touch with her forever! It's fun. I like it way better than myspace!
Ethan is 6 weeks old now and I'm sure will be six feet something when it's all said and done. He's just so long. But so skinny still. He can wear size 3 months in onsies and sleepers already but a not pants because he's so skinny they fall off of him. I'm sure this will be a life long problem.
He is pretty much as long as the bassinet so he is officially sleeping in his own bed, in his own room for the first time tonight.
We had a meeting with CPS on Friday. Our caseworkers from CPS and Covenant Kids were there in addition to Ethan's attorney and a 3rd party mediator who was in charge. She asked our CPS worker if she was still looking for bio parents to which she responded no. And to that the mediator said, "keep looking". Those were words I didn't need to hear! She was a nice lady and Ethan seemed to know who it was he needed to butter up. He grinned, cooed and flirted with her bigtime! It was adorable. We found out that after parental rights are terminated we have to wait an additional 90 days to adopt. I don't remember that with Justine. So if all stays on schedule then we should be adopting him in May or maybe on Justine's adoption day which is June 2.
Justine is still loving her little brother. A quote from her that I never blogged (and I forget the circumstance) is her saying to Ethan, "I be the princess and you be the prince."
Justine is still loving her little brother. A quote from her that I never blogged (and I forget the circumstance) is her saying to Ethan, "I be the princess and you be the prince."
Ethan is used to hearing our box fan at night and I decided he needed some white noise in his room to help him sleep. Justine has a sound machine and I asked her if she would share it with Baby Bubba. She said, "No, you can buy him another one." Now how does she know I would need to 'buy another one'? She is so smart. And she ended up sharing by the way. Waylan is all about deer hunting right now, imagine that, and he is training Justine. If you aren't aware he is also a taxidermist. Here is a picture of her with his work in progress...yuck! If you're an animal rights activist or have a weak stomach do not look!!
She is also perfectly capable of doing anything and everything ALL BY HERSELF! If you have or have had a 3 year old then you know what I'm talking about. Tonight she set the table. How 'bout that silverware?
As for me, having a new pastor (who is awesome) also means having a new boss. I have to say he is high class. "Do it right and well or don't do it at all" is how I would sum up his perspective on things. With a new pastor and boss come new responsibilities. So I've been working very hard lately. I'm actually feeling a bit overwhelmed. Not only do I have some new things I'm doing but also a newborn and it's one of the busiest seasons of my work in the first place.
So that sums up crazy busy in the life of the Langfords!



2 comments:
I love your blogs.
You had a fancy dinner I see with all the salad, shrimp, dessert, tea and other utensils required for a 7 course meal! :) :) I love it!
Post a Comment