Thursday, November 20, 2008

One Step Closer to Adoption!

In my prior post I mentioned that my CPS caseworker was instructed to keep looking for Ethan's biological mom. Today my CPS caseworker came over for her monthly visit and said they performed the due diligence search as requested. Bottom line, bio mom simply has no intentions of being found. Turns out the social security number she supplied is also fake (as is her name if you missed that along the way) and her last known employer has no record of her in their HR system.

Waylan asked how many cases per year turn out like this one and she said 1%. And to think we have been given not one but two 1% cases just makes it that much more of a God thing. HE is the providor of miracles!

When we first relicensed last year I asked you all, my blogging friends/followers, to pray for the 'unrepeatable miracle'. (I referred to Justine as the unrepeatable miracle when we got her.) Although we are months and months away from adoption I think it is safe to say that God has answered our prayers!

I remember when the CPS worker left Justine with us and walked out my front door. I told Waylan she isn't going anywhere. From that moment I just knew she was my child. Never, ever did I look at her as a foster child or a child I was babysiting. I referred to myself as 'Mommy' when talking to her. Well, Ethan is the same way. There is just not one bone in my body that tells me he has any chance of being taken away. He's MY son. I will confess that the logical part of my brain tells me from time to time to step back and be careful...he could go at any time. Then I listen to my heart again and I'm reminded that he's my son. Meetings like today are just one more reminder.

If you are reading this blog and question whether or not there is a God....believe you me...THERE IS! And He has provided me with my family!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! God does work miracles! Whether through adoption or natural ways. He is good! No doubt about it!

Bones said...

Cindy,

I've been struggling in my personal life lately with really horrible situations going on. Michael and I have been at a complete loss. It is like of like we are going, "But we've played by the rules? We've TRIED to do right?" What we keep coming to is that God is showing us He has to be in full control in our lives from now on. It can't be the Michael and Heather formula anymore. We realized even today with horrible things going wrong one right after the other (the life altering kind of bad things), that God has to be our #1.

So what an encouragement it is to know that though you had a hard year of waiting...God was IN CONTROL that whole time. He answered your prayers. I needed the tears today that flowed from the depths of my heart today when you told me. I needed to know God does answer prayer. I am so blessed to be able to see God blow you away with Providence. I am so encouraged by what He is doing in your home.

Blessings and hugs!
Heather

Melissa said...

My heart is so full of joy for you. I remember listening to Hannah pray for you, Waylan, and Justine as Ethan came into your home. Each day, she prayed, we prayed.
God listens, hears our prayers, and is so very faithful to us.
It's so awesome to see him at work in your lives and so awesome to have little Ethan as our new friend! I am praying for him, for his salvation and for his future mate. :)

Jenn said...

Oh...now I'm crying....you should have put a tissue alert on this one! I am so happy you are getting another unrepeatable miracle! Your first miracle is so beautiful, I can't wait to see this new miracle when he starts walking and talking...it brings me joy to think about it!!