Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Update

Ethan had his first court hearing today. I never heard from CPS afterwards so I have no idea what took place (we don't attend). But I did hear from my agency case manager who said bio mom is still awol. So still looking good for us.

He had his first bath since his cord fell off and he liked it. No tears! So that made me happy. Now if he could just control his head it would be that much better. He is eating and sleeping well. And he has his days and nights right which works for me! I have learned that he prefers the bassinet for sleeping to anything else, especially his sleeping arrangement at my office which is a stroller. You wouldn't think a newborn could decifer where he is sleeping but he seems to. Or it could be the noise of the box fan in our room that he prefers.

Justine is still loving her baby brother. The little queen seems to get smarter and smarter every day. After school she was singing a song she learned. "'J' is for Jesus, 'O' is for others"....something, something, "you, you, you, you." She was singing it over and over and doing all the movements. I wish I knew all the words and movements but I don't. She will sing in church this Sunday for the first time since she started Children's Choir and I can't wait. For whatever reason I cry EVERY TIME kids sing in church. I think it is the sweetest thing ever to hear kids sing about Jesus. And now my girl will be on stage singing. I sure hope she doesn't have stage fright! I'm afraid of it. Of course I'll take pictures.

It will be Ethan's first day in church this Sunday. We have a new pastor coming in view of a call. He will preach and we will vote. Don't want to miss that or Justine singing for the world so we'll make a day of it.

The staff met the new pastor last night. I think he is awesome and just what our church needs. I still miss Mark but we must move on. The new guy will definately take us to the next level!

As for me, I'm so super swamped and just trying to keep my head above water at work. It's a very busy time at work, now we are adding a new pastor and all with a newborn in tow. What a crazy life!

For recent pic click on "Our Family" on the right.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

We are praying for you and praying that things will get all worked out and Ethan will be yours forever very soon. :) Day 5 of Hannah praying. :)