Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Baby Bubba



Here's the little man. He has been a good baby. Even sleeping about 4 hours between bottles overnight! Gotta love that! He is a poop machine. Just about every single diaper is a poopy diaper. He eats very well and has already increased to 2 1/2 ounces per bottle every 3-4 hours. Good thing because he needs some fattening up. He's a long skinny boy. He has diaper rash from all the poop and in addition to some scratches on his face from his very long fingernails he is also very red and chapped around his mouth. Almost looks like a gotee. Melissa was here last night and said he may be allergic to the paci he had (the big green one from the hospital) so we nixed that and hopefully that will get better over the next few days. Justine is still in love with him! Here is a quote from her on the way up the stairs to Ms. Lettie's class yesterday:

Justine: "Mommy."

Mommy: "What?"

Justine: "I love my baby brother."

How sweet is that! She was also carrying his picture in her hand to show her teachers.

I haven't gone back to work yet but need to because my plate is very full right now. I brought work home when I left hurriedly Monday with the intention of working Tuesday but that just didn't happen. I always think that because I didn't go through labor that I'm not going to be tired and much interrupted with my schedule. But I'm wrong every time. In fact I see a nap in my schedule today. Although I must work today or I'm in trouble later so I will be fitting in but working from home.

Waylan is loving being Daddy again. He has already had many conversations with the baby about hunting. The rule here is that you must wait until you're 6 to hunt. So Justine will be able to hunt 3 years before baby brother which I'm sure is going to be a rough 3 years for me. We aren't jumping ahead, are we?

I still haven't talked to CPS about his case. I called yesterday and they didn't call me back. Initially CPS thought his mother was in the CPS system but that lady was half African American and this boy is not so it's not the same person. Because his mother's address was a hotel and because she 'escaped' the hospital they may have no leads of finding her. Which is obviously good news for us. I'll feel better after talking to them and finding out what has transpired since they removed him. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime we are going to love on him and plan for the future with our family of four!

1 comment:

Elisha said...

Oh, yay!! I am so happy for you, Cindy. I am praying that he gets to stay and become a part of your wonderful family.