Well we returned to school, work and life in the real world today. Justine was fine getting ready for school this morning but as soon as we got into the car she started crying and saying she didn't want to go to school. She wanted to go back home. I guess she realized I wasn't turning around so her request changed to go to work with me. She said she didn't want Ms. Shiwani. I attempted to remind her how nice Ms. Shiwani was but that didn't work. She latched on to me and cried even more when we got to her room. I just had to put her down and walk away. That's just so hard. I logged into the video monitor when I got to work and she was sitting in Ms. Shiwani's lap during story time. She was eventually fine once they ate breakfast and went to the playground. Then when I went to pick her up she came running to me, crying and asking for her pink blankie. She sleeps with her pink blankie at night but it doesn't travel anywhere. Her teacher told me she did fine and played so I'm not sure what the tears were for. I guess just the transition from vacation to routine again.
I was super swamped at work today trying to catch up and meet all the deadlines that had to be met today and no later. It all worked out. I didn't get as much done as was on my list but I got through the "have-to's" so that was the important thing.
Waylan spent the day getting ready to go to Vernon, TX after work on Friday night thru Saturday. He will be setting up his deer feeder and getting ready for hunting season.
Justine had her first night of children's choir tonight and from what I understand she did well. I was a little worried when she fell asleep on the way to the church but she woke up and didn't cry when I left her.
I blogged last week that we were submitted for a 1 year old boy. I emailed the placement worker today to ask for a status and some info if she had any. She replied to me tonight and we've actually been submitted for 2 boys. Not brothers; but 2 different cases. Both are 1 year old anglo boys. One is straight adoption and the other is foster-to-adopt. The straight adoption is a boy named Dimitrios. You may recall we were submitted for 7 month old Dimitrios back in March. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure this is the same boy. They withdrew the search for a family back then and decided to wait until his parents rights were terminated. We were told if he came across again we would be resubmitted. So he would be 13 months old now and he is from the Houston area. She said she believes home studies are still being reviewed so no word on him yet. The other boy is Dustin. Also age 1 and from the Tyler area. A decision is to be made on him on Sept. 17.
And a quote from the queen. I'll try to type this the way Justine says it so you can get the full effect. She was reading the book, "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" at bed time tonight and it sounded something like this:
"Tinkle tinkle wittle tar...how I wonder what you are...." She's just so cute!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment