Friday, August 1, 2008

So Many Things to Blog About...

Here are all the random things I've been meaning to blog about but haven't taken the time.

HOW TO CLEAN A CEILING FAN
Allow a mylar balloon to make a date with the fan. Boy, I didn't realize I had so much dust up there. Don't know why....the only way to remove the dust would be to clean the fan and I never do that. So after the attack we discovered tons of little dust balls all around the room. Oh what fun!

THE FROG FAIRY

During the time when Waylan was in fire school I was in Fredericksburg TX shopping and found this squatty little frog with a fire helmet and gear. He was one of those so ugly he's cute sort of things. I had to have him and made the purchase. A few years later my mom bought this cute big round frog that pretty much looked like he swallowed a ball (not pictured here). Once again, so ugly he's cute. I had to have that one too. I thought that was the end of my frog collection. But not so much. They are reproducing! Someone seems to think I am a frog collector and adds one to my flower beds every so often. This has gone on for quite some time and to this day I have no idea who the frog fairy is. As of today we have discovered yet another frog. Justine loves them! She moves them around and allows them to sit together because they are "friends." Are you the frog fairy?? If so, it's confession time.

A NEARLY TWO HOUR HAIRCUT EXPERIENCE
Ok ladies...I know we've all had the forever long hair salon experience. But for a 3 year old???? On Friday I took Justine to Cool Cuts for Kids for an over due haircut. I thought she should have a fresh haircut for her birthday party the next day. We left the house at 1pm and had 2 hours to get a haircut and get groceries at Target before we had to be home to meet my mom and step dad. We get there about 1:20 and put her name on the list. At 2pm they call her back. I was determined to wait it out because her party was the next morning and it was now or never for a haircut. At 3pm we walked out. For crying out loud....is it really necessary to spend an hour cutting the hair of a 3 year old? I think the lady was just excited to have enough hair to cut that she savored every minute of it. She took her sweet time! I have to give her some credit; she was a very nice lady. When she found out it was Justine's birthday she ran to the back, disappeared for brief time and returned wearing a huge birthday cake hat, carrying a balloon and a birthday certificate. She sang to Justine and Justine just sort of looked at her like she was a crazy lady. But she LOVES balloons and was so happy to have one. After that we left and still had to go to Target. My mom and step dad ended up meeting us there since we weren't home yet. Then we had lunch at 4pm. My poor girl. As for the haircut--we are letting some of her bangs grow out. The stylist showed me new growth around her hairline and informed me that she will have even more hair as she gets a little older. So to limit the amount of bangs she will have over the years we are letting the back half of her bangs grow out. So beware...I'll try to keep it out of her face but if she looks like she needs a haircut...she doesn't. Her last one lasted long enough to cover the next 3...LOL.

STONE GIRL AGAIN
Remember when I said I tried to stop stoning dresses? Well, I'm stoning a dress. I've had it since right before Meej came. She gave it to me because there was no deadline. After Meej came and I began to become sleep deprived I never pulled it out to work on it. Then the crazy week before Justine's birthday (no extra time there). So I am finally back to it and of course the client is ready for it. Hopefully I'll finish up Saturday but I'm pretty sure I'm going to run out of stones and won't be finished until I my dress lady gets more to me.

SWIMMING LESSONS
At the beginning of the summer I went on a search for swimming lessons for Justine. Not too many people are interested in teaching lessons to a 2 year old (without me helping anyway). I knew if I helped she would just cling to me and learn nothing. Well now that she is 3....we have lessons. As of 8pm tonight she is enrolled in lessons starting Monday. She will go Mon-Thurs for 2 weeks. Two instructors and 4 children. She is excited. In fact she requested to call Marla and tell her so we did but got her voicemail and left a message.

CONSTRUCTION
The construction on the shed is coming along. Justine calls it the "barm". Waylan's dad is coming over Saturday to help and they hope to finish up I think. At least get some walls and roof.

MY SCHEDULE
I'll just start by saying that I think between now and mid October I have 2 free Saturdays. Yes, it's still summer time...I'm up for a wild ride. We have birthdays, baby showers, wedding showers, bachelorette party, wedding rehearsal, wedding, foster parent trainings, swimming lessons, friends in from out of town to see, many church events and meetings, scrapbook nights, Awana starts, school starts, children's choir starts, church software training in Oklahoma, vacation at the beach, scrapbook retreat, [deep breath]. So much going on! AND yes I still want a baby like yesterday. I'll take him whenever he comes.


MY AMERICAN IDOL
If American Idol is still around when Justine is older she just may be a contestant. She absolutely LOVES to sing AND dance. Loves it, loves it, loves it. It's so cute. She will start children's choir at church this fall and I can't wait. She will also start going to Children's Church now that she is 3 and I know she is going to love that too! I already cry EVERY TIME I see little kids sing so seeing my own child sing is going to make me cry for sure. I'll make sure to have my kleenex ready.


Okay...I'll end this entry now because it's a bit on the long side. Here are some cute pictures to end this entry. These are my boots that I got from ebay yesterday. I'll be wearing them in my sisters wedding. Justine couldn't resist.

4 comments:

Marla said...

I am not the frog fairy. Yea to whoever has time for that!

Melissa said...

Slow down already, you are making me tired... :)

Melissa said...

so, where are your frogs?

Jenn said...

Well, I'm not the frog fairy...but I know who is....just kidding.

Swim lessons....I've been meaning to put the kids in those all summer...I better get busy.

Hope Justine enjoys her lessons and you get some free time!