Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Preparing for the Departure of Meej

We are expecting tomorrow to be the big day that Amejia will go live with his grandmother. She had a home study done on Monday that went good so CPS will ask the judge tomorrow if he can move. His attorney is coming today to meet him. Not sure what that is going to accomplish but so be it. He is coming either mid morning or late afternoon--so I will potentially wait for a knock on the door all day. He must have worked for Verizon at his last job. Anyway, the court hearing is at 8:30am and his caseworker will call me afterwards to let me know what the plan is. So I'll be washing the blankets and clothes that are his and packing his bag tonight.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Can't wait to meet Amejia. I'll call on our way back from Rockwall. I have my alarm set to remind me....I think staying home this summer (or staying with the kids has caused my brain to go into a totally different mode than when at work...ha!!

Jenn said...

Oh, he's such a sweet little thing! Give him a little kiss bye for me and I'll be praying for God to protect him throughout his life. Bye sweet Amejia!!

Melissa said...

Sure was great to meet Amejia today. He is a cutie. He sleeps soo cute, smiles and frowns together....thanks for the great visit and all the pointers with ebay. The girls had a ball with Justine! We love you!

Melissa said...

I will be praying you all day Thursday. :)