Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Justine's first dentist appointment
Justine had her first dentist appointment today. She did awesome! We talked it up ahead of time in hopes it would be no big deal and it worked. The dental hygenist came out to the waiting room and talked with us for while to ease any anxiety. She went back without me which was great! She never cried at all. Towards the end of her exam they called me back and let me watch from afar without her knowing I was there. When they finished up they let me walk up to her. They said her teeth look great and I was happy about that. So good they didn't feel she needed to have x-rays just yet. I had heard that drug babies turn out to have bad teeth and I made sure the dentist knew about her exposure. Turns out he has an adopted child with a similar womb experience. He said only her baby teeth would be effected by the drug exposure but hers are fine. If you need a dentist for your child go see Dr. Pearson. The experience was a great one! She left with a Dora Backpack tattoo, a new toothbrush, a sugar free lollipop, sugar free gum and a toy. Also got to watch Dora and cover up with a blanket while she had her exam. They are awesome with kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm so glad she had such a good experience. I wish my dentist gave Dora tattoos. :)
Post a Comment