Thursday, June 26, 2008

I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up!

This is rather embarrassing but what the heck, I'll blog it anyway. I fell down the stairs at work earlier. Now I've fallen down stairs before but never bounced down on my bottom one stair at a time for several in a row. Good thing I was almost at the bottom because I didn't stop until I got to the bottom. And I've never fallen and not been able to just jump back up. This time I had to wait a couple of minutes before I could pull myself up off the ground. On the way down I managed to scrape my forearm (which is still burning so bad) and scrapped my knuckle. As long as I am sitting it's my arm that hurts but when I walk around it's my rear end that hurts. Justine is with me at work today and was privileged to witness the circus act. She gasped as I fell then kept asking why I fell. Upon making her way to the bottom she hugged my neck; such a sweet girl. She also asked if I needed bandaids for my bottom. Again, sweet girl. I'm sure I'll look like an old lady later tonight and tomorrow as I try to get up and down and walk around. Looking so forward to that...NOT!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh Cindy!!! I hope you are okay!! How sweet that Justine was so caring for her mommy. Thank goodness you were able to finally get up! If you keep falling down stairs, you're gonna have to teach Justine how to dial 911..

I'm so sorry about the time cards today, I didn't get your email until the evening.

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! I am so paranoid about falling down those stairs. I hope you're not too sore.

Melissa said...

So glad you are okay!!! Justine was your little angel to make sure that you weren't hurt worse. Love you!