Oh my...I had a 14 month old VERY ACTIVE boy tonight. I provided respite care for another foster family in our agency. This boy was quick and all over the place! He loved the fireplace (can we say UNSAFE). I only had him for 3 1/2 hours and it wore me out. I'll have him again on July 12 from 7:30am-5:30pm. I will especially be exhausted then so if anyone is willing to come over that day to assist consider this your invitation. When Justine was at his stage we were in the old house and could baby gate all the doorways. We can't baby gate anything in this house so he had free reign.
I suppose this was sort of a boot camp to prepare me for our boy (wherever he may be). Baby Zaira was a couple of months younger when we kept her and she was so calm and laid back. Must be a boy thing. I've always heard boys are different and now I can testify.
As far as 'our boy'...we increased our age range today to increase our chances of receiving a placement. We were birth-6 months and now we are birth-age 1. I'm still hoping for a baby, but even more just want a keeper (and one I can keep up with).
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Not all boys are like that. Samantha is actually way more active than my boys were! I think it's all in how they are raised. Samantha has not had as much discipline as the boys had....which I definitely need to correct before I go insane!
I say it's a boy thing. The longer you wait for a boy, the older Justine gets and that could be a blessing!!!
Post a Comment