Tuesday, June 24, 2008
How are we doing?
I've gotten that question so many times in the last week and thought I would "publish" how we are doing. I won't lie...I think about Nathan every day. And I miss Nathan. And, yes, I wish I was Nathan's Mommy. However, God had something else in mind and I've come to discover just what that is. God needed an intercessor for Nathan and his Mom and Dad (we'll call them G and W). The chances that G and W are Christians are pretty slim. I realize that's a bold statement to make of two people I've never met but their circumstances give us a pretty good indication of where they are. So with that being said, MY purpose for Nathan, G and W is to pray for them daily. To pray for their salvation. To pray for a healthy lifestyle. To pray for a house filled with love and protection. I find it a privilege that God chose me to take on that calling. There may have been no one else on this earth who would ever have done that. So I will. If God chooses to return Nathan to our home at some point in the future we will welcome him with open arms. And if that happens I will still pray for his parents. To be honest, I wasn't in this place at the time of placement of him and had he not been discharged I may never have come to this place. So I have grown and changed my perspective as a foster parent as well. I will begin to pray for Justine's birthmother also, something I had not done previously. And I will pray for all other families I ever have contact with through being a foster parent in the future. The pain is still there but God is using that for his glory (as if I should expect anything less!). And every day is an easier day. So the bottom line is...we are okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
What an awesome testimony you have! Any child that comes to your home will be blessed!
I'm so glad to read this post. I don't really know you enough to ask(other than reading your blog) but I have been wondering how you're doing.
Post a Comment