Monday, June 23, 2008

2008 Great First Responders Award Ceremony

We attended the 2008 Great First Responders Award Ceremony today. Waylan was one of 18 people from 19 counties in the area to receive this award. One of the chiefs told us afterwards that he was her first choice and also the other chiefs first choice as well. Hands down. This award is sponsored by CareFlite and the North Central Texas Trauma Regional Advisory Council. I got a little tour of a CareFlite helicoptor which was cool. And the guest speaker was Chip Wagnor. Below are some pictures and here is what was written about Waylan in the program. (You can see more pics by clicking the "Our Pictures" link on the right.)

Waylan is one of those incredibly steady people that consistently do the right thing, making everyone around him better for it. As a Firefighter/Paramedic for this department, he conceived and developed a mentoring program for new personnel to ensure their successful integration into our culture. This not only cultivates success for the rookie, but also goes a long way to develop our internal future leaders. He goes beyond every day, including the thankless job of keeping EMS supplies stocked for the department. Waylan exemplifies the saying that leadership is action, not position. His personal contributions to society are just as impressive, with a steadfast dedication to his family as well as his "brothers". The Flower Mound Fire Department is especially proud of FF/Paramedic Waylan Langford's recognition as a Great First Responder.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats to Waylan from another brother in the EMS World!!!(TED)

Jenn said...

I feel like a proud mama looking at pictures of her son receiving an award (even though I had nothing to do with it and have never been a motherly figure to Waylan). I'm just so proud of him! Way to go Waylan, You are awesome!

Jenn said...

I feel like a proud mama looking at pictures of her son receiving an award (even though I had nothing to do with it and have never been a motherly figure to Waylan). I'm just so proud of him! Way to go Waylan, You are awesome!