As I mentioned in my testimony at church on Sunday, God continues to test my patience. I seriously consider myself a pretty laid back person and pretty patient as well. But apparently God feels differently.
The scripture reads, "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." (Galatians 5:19-23). As Christians we gain all these characteristics at salvation. Then God chooses to develop them in us as we grow in Him. I'm still clueless as to why he continues to grow patience in me but I'm sure I'll discover why at some point in time.
I am specifically referring to my wait for a baby boy. It's been 7 months now since we've been re-licensed. Seven months! I could have almost baked him myself at this point (although being incapable to do so would make that a bit difficult). I was sure March was going to be the magic month for him to arrive.
I chose March because the first time around with Justine it turned out that we decided to become foster parents in October 2004 and that's when I began to pray for my child and that God would protect him/her. That regardless of why a removal would take place the child would be unharmed. Well, October 2004 is the approximate date Justine was conceived and so, unknowingly, I prayed for her during her entire time in the womb. And God answered my prayer! My child, exposed to crack, cocaine, marijuana, tobacco, alcohol, hepatitis b & c, and syphilis, was perfectly normal. Not one moment of withdrawals and not one contracted disease. Now if that doesn't prove there is a God I don't know what does!
For round 2, we decided in June 2007 to adopt again and that's when I began praying for my boy. That the "unrepeatable miracle" be repeated in him. March would make about 9 months allowing me to pray for my boy during his time in the womb as well and hence my thought that March would be the magic month. Well March has come and gone and still no baby.
So the conclusion...God continues to test my patience. I must be a slow learner.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Maybe he is still in the womb...maybe he is a little late. I've heard of doctors letting babies come two weeks late!
Or, maybe it is just taking his birth parents a couple of weeks to realize they can't do it.
Your boy is coming and I'm sure he will be worth the wait! I'm praying!!!!
Post a Comment