Monday, April 28, 2008
Heart Attack!
So what happens when in the mail you find a large brown envelope addressed to your husband and your daughter with Child Protective Services as the return address? You almost have a heart attack. Of course the worst crossed my mind. Do they want to take my daughter away? Did something go wrong with her adoption and it didn't "take"? Did her birth mother surface? My life flashed before me before I could get the envelope open! Then I began to read it and it referred to a change in legislation # such and such. Again, my fears continued to intensify. Then as I read on I learned that the legislation change made Justine eligible for free pre-kindergarten. Whew! What a relief! That was one intense moment. You can bet I'll be checking into Rockwall ISD's pre-K program!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
You even scared me when I was reading this....whew!!!
You even scared me when I was reading this....whew!!!
I think my BP came back to normal.
That is awesome, blossom!
That girl isn't going anywhere!
Whew, what a relief! You'd think they would put some sort of disclaimer on the outside of the envelope so they wouldn't scare people to death!!!
Post a Comment