Well I seem to be recovering well. I survived my first day alone with no help. Even Waylan is on duty today so it was just me and Justine. I worked from home so I could continue to take it easy. Here is a new pic as of tonight (5 days post surgery).
As you can see the glue remains (shiney part). I'm still too chicken to attempt to scrub it off even though I've been given instructions by my doc to do so. At this point I think I'll just wait until my follow up visit on Thursday and let her do it. You can also see some bruising below the scar on my collar bones. I still have some soreness in the back of my neck but nothing compared to the first few days. My continuous headache came to an end on Saturday (yea!). Of course when one pain ceases another makes an appearance. I believe I am experiencing some soreness from my thyroid itself. About 3/4 of an inch above my incision I can feel a knot which is sore to the touch. Also sore when swallowing. I get a tickle in my throat several times a day which is annoying. Justine was cute today. When I was experiencing a cough attack she said, "bless you, bless you. Okay Mom?" But sneezing is really the worst!
I must say there is an upside to having surgery. Food galore! We've had many meals (including desserts!) brought to us. It's been so great! Thanks Melissa for making many of these arrangements. My mom and step dad being here was also wonderful. I didn't do meals, dishes, laundry, clean up or bath time, bed time, and morning routine for Justine. I actually slept in and took naps! But all good things must come to an end and it's back to life we go.
I'll post another pic after my appointment on Thursday. I'm hoping it's really cleaned up by then.



1 comment:
I am home with Micah today and read your blog, you silly, I would do anything for you. I am so glad that you are doing well. Keep stretching..teehee.
I need to blog, I am sooo behind, but I need to just start over. I can't add friends for some reason. It's strange.
Have a great day! :)
Post a Comment