"It's highly medical. We keep it in every room." Those are the words of my doctor referring to Goo Gone at my doctor's appointment on Thursday. Yes, Goo Gone is what was used to remove the glue from my incision. Followed by ever burning alcohol. My doc said she has never seen glue adhere to anyone the way it did to me. So after much rubbing and a red neck the glue is all gone and I can move my neck so much better. I have to return to see her in a few weeks to take a look at a knot that I can feel which is also sore. She doesn't know what it is. Maybe a stitch. So at the next visit we will take another look. I'm hoping it just disappears on it's own and I can cancel that appointment. Other than that I still have some soreness in my neck at the base of my skull and some tightness and soreness right around my thyroid itself. All of which is to be expected. I found out the stitches take 3 months to dissolve which is forever! I return January 2009 for a follow-up. On Thursday I will begin my own "physical therapy" so to speak. This will consist of massaging the incision to break up scar tissue and also rubbing it down with cocoa butter cream and vitamin E to help the scar 'disappear'.
Here is a look at my battle scar today. I think it looks best right through the middle. The two ends on the other hand are still the most swollen and red.



1 comment:
http://melissads.blogspot.com/
New address for the 3rd time!!
Post a Comment