Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Countdown to surgery

I talked to the doctor today and it's time! To see my original post explaining the surgery click here http://waylanlangford.blogspot.com/2007/10/its-girl-huh-what-and-surgery.html

My surgery is scheduled for Wed., Jan. 16 at 10am. My pre-op is Monday. The good news is that since my last sonogram in October the nodule on my thyroid has not grown. The bad news is that now there are 2 nodules. Yes 2! The second is very small but because it has spread it indicates cancer. We won't know for sure until the surgery so in the meantime pray for NO CANCER! Now if it is cancer thyroid cancer is the best kind of cancer to have. They remove the entire thyroid and the cancer is contained and therefore removed as well. And I'll be cured. No other requirements to treat cancer. I would however be on medication for the remainder of my life but I can handle that knowing I still have life!

My mom will be coming in to stay with me and help take care of me. Nothing better than having your mom take care of you!! Waylan isn't so hip in the nursing area (you would think he would be as a paramedic but no) so Mom will be a relief.

If you want to pray specifically for me pray for these 3 things:
1. no cancer
2. for my anxiety about going under to be relieved
3. that I will not have an ugly scar

Signing off....bedtime!

1 comment:

Woody said...

I'm praying everyday. Love you!