Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Where's Bubba?

I have no idea! It's been nearly 2 weeks since our last placement call. I seriously can't figure out what God is doing here and I hate it when that happens! My mom said she wants the baby by Christmas. I said, 'forget Christmas, I want him here by Halloween!' We've been licensed for over a month and I just find it hard to believe there aren't any crazy parents out there having their children removed. I know that sounds really calloused but it's true. My friend Heather says God is bringing the most awesome baby bubba and we will be truly blessed when he finally arrives. I pray He is waiting to bring us a keeper....THE ONE! And a big thank you to Karl Enters who is on the board for a foster agency in New Jersey. He attended a board meeting this week and prayed for us at the meeting! Good stuff! Too bad he couldn't just bring one home from Jersey. Apparently they are overflowing with babies in foster care.

In true fashion I must throw in some funny things about Justine. Allow me a moment to translate what the following words mean in case you hear them any time soon:
p-pot = pop tart
p-plane = airplane
our up = cover up (as in snuggling on the couch under a blanket)
bass = bath
kickin = cooking (easily mistaken for chicken)
shoe shoops = froot loops (previously referred to as cheerios)
i-you = Caillou (her new favorite show)
I'm sure there are more but I'm drawing a blank. I should write them down when she says them.

Toddler talk is so darn cute! Her favorite phrases right now are, "it's pretty", "it's funny" and "i cooking with mommy". She told me on the way to school this morning that she wanted to sleep in her bed. That's because she's not falling asleep very fast at night lately and was awake past 10pm last night! On Sunday morning we pulled up to church and she commented about her friends at school. So she is officially confusing exactly what it means when we pull up to the church building. But I can't blame her. We refer to the church building in a variety of ways depending on the day and/or time of day. The building serves as:
  1. Going to work with Mommy
  2. Going to school
  3. Going to church/Sunday School
  4. Going to Puggles

If she ever gets it right it will be a miracle (or just great guessing).

One last thing before I get back to working on a dress (that's due asap!). Congrats to my friend Ted who won a new car today for being an awesome school teacher!!! God is good! You deserve it!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Bubba needs to hurry up and get here. I am growing impatient!!!