I went to bed before 11pm last night which is really good for me. And this morning I awoke at 8:15am. Not what I had in mind. I almost refused to open my eyes and look at the clock but my curiousity got to me. I was determined to go back to sleep so I rolled over and did just that. Then the dogs woke me up at 8:45am to go outside. Guess I should have taken them to grandma's house too...LOL. So I let them out then went back to bed. Then they barked to come back in at 9:00am. After that I was determined to go back to bed until 10am. Pre-Justine, 10am was considered getting up early! So I went back to bed and slept really good. I was having a very strange dream. We had roommates! A single black guy with a daughter and a gay guy. Sounds like a sitcom! For some reason in the six months we had lived in our home we had never all been home at the same time. But this day we were all home at the same time and life was crazy and we were all in each other's way. Then the phone rang (in real life-not in the dream) and it was Waylan. So now I'm up. I have a lot to accomplish today so on with the day...
I forgot to mention in my longwinded blog last night about the Bubba status. On Monday I notified our agency to let them know we will extend our age range from just newborns to 0-3 months old. Will it help? I don't know. The response I received back was that CPS is now making many kinship placements right off the bat so they are placing less and less babies. I'm sure this means a long wait for us. I suppose if those who birth their own children have to wait 9 months I should be able to wait a little longer. But can I tell you something? The wait is hard! One of the things on my to do list is to move the bassinet from my room into the baby's room so I at least don't have to look at it everyday and wonder when it will be occupied.
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
It's it funny how when you want to sleep, then something or someone keeps you from doing it....leave it to the dogs...ha!
I know you are waiting for a baby. I don't know what you are going through, but I am praying that God will open the door and make things happen. You are loved!
okay, so I can type when it's saturday morning or when my brain goes faster than my fingers....what else is new, right?
Post a Comment