I haven't posted in a while. It's been a little weird for the last week or so. You may want to grab a cup of coffee...this is a long one!
I'll start with a "stone girl" story. I had a dress to finish last week. I was working frantically every night until late, late and had finally planned to finish it last Wednesday night. Of course that didn't happen. I ended up with a migraine and just couldn't see it through. The bad part...I HAD to turn it in on Thursday.
That same night, to make matters worse, I had a little episode with a green crayon. Justine apparently learned to stash things in her pocket and left me a green crayon to wash and dry. Have you ever washed a crayon before? DON'T! It melts into EVERYTHING!!! Every piece of clothing had green crayon melted into it. Every piece of new clothing I bought for Justine that very day, every piece of hand-me-downs from my friend Marla (which I always love to get!), Justine's Puggles shirt, not to mention several other clothes....a full load to be exact. I thought I was going to throw up when I saw what happened. I could see dollar signs going down the drain. I ran to the Internet (thank God I didn't become a parent before the times of the www) and found that this has happened to about a million people and I found the magic solution to get out the crayon. And it worked for just about all of the pieces of clothing in the load. Thank God!!!
So the next day I ended up taking off work to get the dress finished. I also had to pawn off my child to Cari while I dropped the dress off because it was already time to pick up Justine from school and I wasn't there yet. Cari rocked Justine to sleep (something that never happens at home) and I'm sure Justine loved it. After such a tough week trying to get that dress done I was ready to throw in the towel on being a "stone girl". But when I was paid the exact amount I had spent that week on clothes for Justine, scrapbook stuff and Justine's Halloween costume I saw that as a provision by God and agreed to stay on the payroll.
Well the next couple of days I had an uneasy stomach and somewhat of a lingering headache. I chalked it up to too many late nights and not enough food. So Thursday night I went to bed very early and felt pretty good on Friday. That leads us to Friday night which was scrapbook night. I totally look forward to this night month after month. It's the night I just don't put aside for anything. Well, low and behold, my headache and uneasy stomach returned and I got sick at the church amongst all my friends (literally...yes, gross I know) . Thank God we all love each other because even amongst friends that's just simply embarrassing! I continued to feel a bit under the weather on Saturday but really wanted to take Justine to the Fall Carnival at church. So I sucked it up and off we went.
So, the Fall Carnival. At the carnival were pony rides, a petty zoo, a bounce house, food, goodies, a puppet show, singing...on and on. Kudos to Paul and Jennifer for making that happen! I wanted so bad to put Justine on a pony! I knew she would love it. NO DEAL! And she wouldn't pet the animals either. She just wanted to jump in the bounce house.
But glory, hallelujah...she finally rode a pony. It only took four attempts and seeing both Samantha and Alexis ride. And she loved it!
This next set of pictures is from Puggles last Sunday. It's just too cute not to post. This is Justine holding hands with her buddy Brooke as they were instructed to do while we walked outside as a group for our lesson. Even after reaching our destination the girls continued to hold hands. Aren't they cute?
And now we finally make to last night. We went to Downtown Wylie's annual Trick or Treat. Justine is supposed to be a Mermaid for Halloween but that costume just arrived today. So instead she was Minnie Mouse (thank you Lettie Horton for the costume). It was a little big but not too much not to wear it. She was just adorable and had fun trick-or-treating!
And last but not least...I'M HOME ALONE! I don't think I can recall when that happened last. Waylan is working a double shift today and tomorrow and I took Justine to spend the night at her Grandma's house. So it's me and the dogs...all alone. As much as I looked forward to tonight I do miss my girl. Funny how that works. But I am thankful for the break. I'm going to turn the alarm off and sleep until I wake up tomorrow no matter what time it ends up being. I'm also going to work in my scrapbook room to get it somewhat organized. At least as best as I can without shelving. And finally...the remote is MINE! Woo hoo for me!
If you actually made it to the end of this entry you are a trooper. Thanks for sticking around :-)



3 comments:
Justine is the cutest Minnie Mouse I have ever seen. Have fun sleeping in ....that's a pleasure in itself!! Green crayon in laundry.....I've had black before...in a white load...ha!!
Have a good weekend!
Whew, sounds like my weeks are rubbing off on you!! I'm glad you now have some alone time to recoup from all of that. I hope your migraine stuff is better!
By the way, I FINALLY found Samantha's Puggles shirt. With a little (really alot) of help from Paul, my laundry is almost done!!! Yeah!!!!
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I really like your new blog layout! Did you do that yourself or was it a template?
Post a Comment