Thursday, September 13, 2007

So what is a MAP?

Justine's grandma (Waylan's mom) made her this really, really cute nap mat for preschool. It has denim material on the outside (or bottom when she is laying on it) and the same flowered material that her duvet cover is made of at home on the inside. (Sorry, no pic or I would post it.) It has a built in pillow and lime green fleece blanket. So cute! I must admit that I had somewhat of a proud moment on the first day of school when every other child had the plastic (somewhat boring) nap mats from Walmart and my baby girl walks in stylin'.

Well, it's so cute that she has yet to sleep a wink on it! Yep, no sleeping in preschool for my sweet girl. She will lay on it and absolutely loves it but I think she must view it as more of a toy than place to sleep.

On Tuesday Waylan was on duty so she stayed with me at work after preschool. I brought this very cute nap mat down from her classroom with great hopes that she would be so worn out from the day that she would fall asleep. NO DEAL! She would lay down, ask me to cover her up, say night-night, then as soon as I sat down in my chair to attempt to be productive up she came. She would walk to my chair and take my hand asking me to cover her up. So over and over again we went through this series of events. Lay down, cover up, say night-night, hop up and bring Mom back. Over and over for more than an hour. I eventually left work and she fell asleep in the car.

The next day the nap mat must have been on her mind because she requested her MAP. "What in the world was she talking about?", I thought. Now she is a die hard Dora fan and if you know Dora you know there is a Map on the show so my first thought was that. Nope. She took me to her MAP. Her nap mat. So, just so you know, MAP is the 2 year old metamorphosis for nap mat. That was Wednesday. Today, Thursday, she requested to carry her MAP to school where she still has yet to sleep despite the deep conversation we had about taking a nap on the way to school this morning. Oh well. I'm still hopeful she will fall into the routine of sleeping on her MAP.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

That is so funny!! Maybe you need to get her a plastic mat like the rest of the kids...that way she would be bored to sleep..haha!

I wonder if she would sleep on it if I was up there?! She always layed down and took a nap when I told her to. I wonder, does that mean I'm scarey?

Woody said...

So very cute....How are you?

Woody said...

By the way, you have been tagged...read my blog and you will know what to do next!