Justine and I returned from a great weekend yesterday. Waylan...well he had to work all weekend so him..not so much.
I went on a trip with Ami to a bed and breakfast in Eustace, TX to scrapbook for the entire weekend. It was so nice. I believe it was five times I heard the words, "time to eat ladies!". How awesome is that...I didn't have to cook. In our small group there were 7 ladies but there were around 30 ladies there all together. The 7 of us had our own area so it was nice and quiet. This B&B is strictly for scrapbooking. Ami and I stayed up until about 4am the first night and I stayed up with another lady the second night until about 2am. Both mornings I slept in until 10:00am...something I haven't done since Justine came along. I completed a total of 23 pages over the weekend. And yes, I'm STILL scrapping pages from Justine's first year even though we have officially entered year 3. I'll catch up some time...maybe. Oh, I almost forgot...I also got a one hour massage! It just doesn't get better than that!
Because I was gone all weekend and Waylan worked all weekend Justine went to see Grandma and Grandpa. When I picked her up on Sunday Grandma informed me that she was such a good girl and didn't cry AT ALL over the weekend. Well of course she didn't! Grandma and Grandpa meet her every need...and want! So why would she cry?
So, Monday morning we return to the real world. I must say...Justine made up for all that absent crying today. Hearing the word NO just didn't sit well with her at all. And because she had to go to work with me today she heard the word no much more often than if we would have been hanging out at home. But what do you do? She's still a cutie at the end of the day. She did reward me though by going to bed without a fuss at all. Something she hasn't done in a while now. Maybe we are in a new phase...let's hope...
To update you on baby bubba world...we had our last (for real this time) pre-licensing training Sunday night over the phone. Today (Monday) the lady who is to approve our home study was out of the office...SO I am expecting the big rubber stamp on Tuesday. I'm anxious to be welcomed into motherhood for a second time! Don't forget...pray that God will repeat the unrepeatable miracle!
Monday, August 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I sure will!!
Post a Comment