Being married to a Clint Eastwood fan I thought I would sum up my day with a famous movie title. I will explain the events in the order in which they occured. Brace yourself...the Ugly is truely UGLY!
The Ugly
I'm hoping that other parents who have experienced the terrible twos and also dog ownership can share similar stories. Otherwise this may turn out to be an embarrassing story. I apologize in advance....here goes. Justine has moved into this new stage of not wanting to keep her diaper on once it has become wet and especially not once it has become dirty (if you know what I mean). The last several days she has proceeded to remove her diaper either right after or right before she has pooped. Today's story goes like this. I was in the kitchen preparing her lunch to take with us to the church. She went into my bedroom, closed the door behind her then went into my bathroom and, again, closed the door behind her. While this too is another recent stage I just allowed her to go about her business and decided to retrieve her after I finished making lunch. When I went to retrieve her I walked into the bathroom and could smell poop and also noticed my sweet Justine had removed both her PJ bottoms and her diaper. I checked the diaper and no poop. I then looked EVERYWHERE and NEVER found the poop. Stumped I checked her backside for evidence that she actually went and sure enough she did. So I went on my scavenger hunt again and again no luck. My ONLY conclusion is that...here is where you should brace yourself...the dog ate it (GROSS!!!). The dog was shut in the bathroom with her and so this is the only conclusion I can draw. No doggie kisses for me any time soon!
The Bad
Now for the Bad. I have been waiting daily since Tuesday for a call from our agency for the rubber stamp. Today, I get a call (YEA!)...but it's not the news I was expecting. Three more things are now required and one of them must be done prior to licensing. That one thing...a 17 page application! So I thought to myself, "I'll just crank this thing out right now and get this taken care of right away!" So I'm going along and get to some areas that Waylan must fill out...ugh! He also must sign it and he is on duty until tomorrow morning. After that we are going out of town and won't be back in the presence of a fax machine until Tuesday. So I just had to come to terms with the fact that it will be next week before we are licensed. The other 2 things I need to submit are a drivers license check (which I did already and had to convince her of) and a diaster plan (in case of a Katrina-like event occurs--if you weren't aware many foster children were 'lost' during that time).
The Good
Now for the Good. Later in the day I talked to our agency and she informed me that as long as I have the form completed, signed and dated by Friday then call her to let her know she will grant us our license. So...bottom line...we will be licensed Friday!! And a couple of more Good things...I had a little bit of unexpected money show up in my pocket today which is great considering I just spent a ton of money on car repairs for the umpteenth time. And lastly, I was just rocking my sweet Justine and listening to her say, "I love you". Now that's what I call Good!
So I challenge my blogging friends...what is your Good, Bad, and Ugly?
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Wow, that will be hard to beat...poor Dog, what a meal that was.....YUCK!!! HA! Even the lovely children have their moments....when they turn 8, they lock doors on purpose...ha...
Post a Comment