Thursday, August 23, 2007

"Bubba's sleepy"

We are very near the part where they tell us, "you're licensed". We have one more training over the foster parent handbook on Sunday night at 6pm. So I am expecting to hear those precious words on Monday. So some comments from Justine today made me wonder if Baby Bubba may have been born today (or yesterday). So mark this date in your calendar and we will soon find out. Justine came to me this morning and said, "Bubba's sleepy". I repeated those words back to her which I often do when I want to make sure I have heard her correctly. If I haven't heard correctly she will say NO and in this case she said, "yes, Bubba's sleepy". So we moved on and went about our business. I didn't think much of it. A couple of hours later she comes to me again and says, "Bubba's sleepy". Again, I repeat the words back to her and again she confirms I have heard her correctly. So it was then that I began to ponder on those words. "What if he was born today?"..."What if he comes to live with us next week?", I thought to myself. It just got me thinking and I can't wait to see if my not-so-baby girl "knows stuff". Big sisterhood...here we come!

1 comment:

Woody said...

You know, sometimes I think the Lord talks through little children. Micah has never met my mother but she acts like she has always known her. God can do anything!! How exciting for you.