Justine is typically leary of entering the nursery at church on Sunday morning (I don't know why) but always has a blast once we leave. Today when I picked her up I was told that she went pee pee in the potty! At church! She's gone at home, at Jennifer's and Grandma's but I didn't expect should would go at church. When I picked her up and Carmen told me she went in the potty Justine said, "Mommy, I big."
Well, she IS big. We have a book about Elmo and firefighters. One of the pages has a firefighter in full gear with labels of each piece of clothing. She named it all! She started with the boots and then named pants, glove (and "nother glove"), coat, and helmet. Then the facing page had a picture of a firefighter wearing a mask. She said, "Daddy's mask". All by herself! She IS big.
I'm hoping and praying she is going to be a good big sister. I think she is coming around in the jealosy area and moving into being a good helper. I babysat my friend Ami's baby the other day and Justine held the bottle when we fed her, went with me to change her diaper and laid on the tummy time mat with her as well. Then, Friday night we had a fellowship at the park. I was holding Baby Kimmel and she sat next to me and just had to touch him. She patted him on the head and on the back (and was very sweet about...had a smile on her face). This is such an improvement from wanting to be held in place of me holding a baby. She just might be pretty good at this role they call the big sister. But only time will tell...I'll get back to you on this one.
I'm getting very excited for the new baby to arrive. I received my first baby gift this weekend. My shower is Saturday (thank you Heather and Marla for planning) and I just can't wait. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas.
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Justine.....she a beautiful girl and will be a great big sister!! SHe's adoreable and I melt when she says, "Lissa."
Can't wait till the shower either to see all the goodies you are going to get for your new baby boy.
Post a Comment