Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My baby girl is growing up!

Justine is getting so big. She is talking up a storm and even talking in short sentances. She has also recently pee pee'd on the potty. AND she is saying prayers now! Here is some dialog for you:

Mommy: Dear God
Justine: Dear Dod
Mommy: Thank you
Justine: tanku
Mommy: for Mommy and Daddy
Justine: Mommy-Daddy
Mommy: I pray for Baby Bubba
Justine: Baby Bubba
Mommy: Amen
Justine: Aaaa-me

She is just so cute...but I don't have to tell you that!

Her new favorite words/phrases: "Mine" and "I do it!". Are those words of an independent almost 2 year old or what? She is insistant on putting on her own pants these days.

I was so proud of her the night before last when she, on her own, went to the potty for the first time. She tugged at her pants with one hand and pointed to her little potty with the other. I thought, what the heck? I sat her down and there she went. We celebrated with stickers afterwards! The next night, she did it again. This morning and this evening she asked to go but didn't actually do any business. She also put her baby on the potty this morning. Her baby has become a regular family member lately. She has to sit at the dinner table with us. Sometimes I even have to give baby a bite (per Justine's instructions).

Justine is also helping me get ready for her new baby brother (aka baby bubba). We washed the highchair and exersaucer last night. Justine was so proud to help. However, I must say...she has no idea what's coming! I held a baby yesterday and out came the jealousy! Her world is about to be turned upside down.

1 comment:

Woody said...

Love it!!! Sweet Justine!