Sunday, July 19, 2009

This and That

This is how I found Justine tonight watching TV. I asked her if she was chillin' and she said yes. Then she proceeded to tell me all the places she can chill. At home, the pool, the beach, at Brookie's, at Alexis', at school and at home again.
At dinner many nights we go around the table and say what our favorite part of the day was. Tonight, Justine's favorite part of the day was going to Sunday School. Love it!
It's been just over 2 months since Justine's surgery. And I realized the other day she hasn't been sick since then with the exception of one night where she was wheezing and needed a breathing treatment. Yea for surgery!!
She is almost 4 years old...just 10 more days. She is having a dancing princess party on Saturday with just a handful of girls. This is the first party that has been girls only and small. The ONLY boys allowed are Waylan and my step dad because he will be staying here over the weekend. So I will turn them into servers for the tea party and will double as Ethan patrol. Then that night is the family party at Peter Piper Pizza.
This will be Justine's last week at Children's Lighthouse. Starting next week my sister will watch both kids 3 days a week, Waylan once and I'll work at home the other. It's gotten entirely too hard to work with Ethan in my office. He's such a busy body.
So on to Ethan. He's such a big boy! He's 9 1/2 months old now. He can stand unassisted and has taken a couple of steps...ONCE. I can't get him to do it again. Of course the first time I didn't know it was coming and I don't think he did either. He can bounce up and down while standing. But not taking off just yet. Cruising the furniture on the other hand is another story. He's turbo at that! And if I didn't hang on to him I'm convinced he'd dive right off the furniture head first. He has 4 teeth (2 on top and 2 on bottom). His favorite thing to do is play ball. He can actually do it! He will catch a ball rolled to him then pick it up and throw it back. It may not go very far but he can do it. He can also say bath (ba) and ball (bah). "B" is his strong sound! Today he actually said mama several times and directed to me (woo hoo!). Waylan got dada first out of Justine so this time it's my turn. He's still an early bird. He's up between 5:30 and 6:30 every day. I'm ready for him to outgrow that one!
This is Ethan working on his firetruck. He loves this firetruck and plays with it daily!


No comments: