Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Nail Grooming and Sticker Charts

Justine is really hard to pin down to cut fingernails and especially toenails. I'm not sure why; it just always seems to be a chore. Well tonight I was able to cut all 10 fingernails, all 10 toenails and a hangnail with not much effort or bribery. Yea me! When we were done I told her she could have a sticker on her sticker chart. She gets stickers for doing good things but has to remove and trash stickers when she is bad. She got all excited about getting a sticker but corrected me saying she was getting 3 stickers. I questioned her and this was her explanation: one for fingernails, one for toenails and one for the hangnail. I thought, "what the heck, let's roll with it." And we did. Maybe it will mean the next trimming session will go just as smooth.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

how is it that children can almost outsmart their own parents?