Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Alright already...an update

I think I get worse and worse at blogging as each day passes. So I'll try to give an update on what's up without boring everyone or writing a book. Lots has happened since the last update on April 27.

From youngest to oldest:

Ethan has learned to crawl (and full speed at that), pull up, cruise furniture, eat big people food, drink from a sippy cup and best of all he became a Langford on May 8th. We dedicated him to the Lord on Mother's Day. He's a curious george and has to take everything in. He LOVES his big sissy and LOVES to give her kisses. He lights up and flails his hands like he is going to take flight when she walks in the room. His kisses are open mouth, tongue out and full slobber (gross but oh so cute). I get them too. Got in the baby pool for the first time and loves the water. And got to experience wearing a hat outside because I'm afraid of burning his head and ears. He's not sure sure he's a fan of that. He is registered for Parent's Day Out (1 year old class) for the fall. His teacher will be Ms. Jackie who was also Justine's 1 year old teacher.

Justine I'm sure was sick (again) during that time but had surgery to remove tonsils and adenoids, a tube put in her left ear and blood vessel cauterized in her nose. Even so, she's had lots of nose bleeds but none for the last week thankfully. Maybe we are done with that. She has now fully recovered from surgery. She continues to go to "school" at Children's Lighthouse on Monday-Wednesday-Friday and loves her teacher Ms. Lori. She finished Parent's Day Out at the church with Ms. Lettie and Ms. Pam (who she also loved) and will be in Ms. Jane's 4 year old class next fall. She is also registered at First Wylie for Mother's Day Out on Mon/Wed/Fri in the fall. She finished her first year of Cubbies at church but missed awards night because she was recovering from surgery. And she finished her first year of Children's Choir at church. She loved going to "singing practice" with Ms. Sondra. She will get to go to her first Vacation Bible School week after next and is signed up for swimming lessons at the end of July. For now "swimming" has been her new slip and slide, which she has yet to figure out even though I demonstrated last weekend (thank goodness for no rolling cameras). She requested a "dancing princess" birthday party so this year will be a smaller scale-girls only party for the first time. Don't worry family, we will have a family party the same evening (mark your calendars for July 25).


As for me, still working like crazy and trying to balance work and parenting. Ethan goes to work with me on a regular basis. I've been on a quest to reduce the amount of evenings I'm away from home. The summer will be much better. Our staff meetings have been moved up to the day time for the summer. Awana is on break for the summer and so is "singing practice". So I plan on enjoying the summer evenings with the kiddos just being lazy and playing outside. Hopefully we can highjack some pools during the summer and get some pool time in. I had a great Mother's Day. I typically don't get to see my mom but she was here for Ethan's adoption and therefore here for Mother's Day. It was great to spend it with her. Also got to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday. I'll be very busy this week coming up getting ready for VBS (I'm teaching crafts for 2nd-5th graders) and also trying to work w/ kiddos in tow because Waylan will be getting ready to travel and then gone for 4 days.

And last but not least, Waylan is just a taxidermy freak. He pretty much spends any and all extra time in his shop working on the deer. He is getting ready for competition later next week so is very busy with it right now. I must say he is an artist. The deer he does look great! He has also put up a swing set for Justine (and Ethan I suppose but it was her birthday present from last year). He took his concealed handgun class (my birthday present to him) and painted and decorated "his room" upstairs. It's red with firefighter decor. It serves as his hunting stuff storage and our spare bedroom. And he put in a gate at the back of the yard to allow space for a new trailer he recently purchased. It looks great.

Well, I'm sure I left things out. But that's the gist I suppose. I'll try to blog more. But to really stay up with us...get on Facebook! That's where I hang out.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Whew, just reading about all you have been and are doing, made me tired!!! You must be superwoman...at least you are in my book!!!