Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Little Man Claps

Wow...haven't posted since March 3! Where does the time go? Guess some updates are in order.

Ethan started clapping today. All day yesterday I tried and tried to get him to clap. He just made fists with his hands and had stiff arms as I tried to make him clap. He stayed with Waylan today and when I got home he was clapping. Smart little boy. Here is a video:

He is also trying to crawl but can't get it down yet. Here is a video of that:

We have officially been transferred to the adoption side of the agency. We meet our new caseworker tomorrow and she will do an updated home study. According to our original caseworker our file is up to date otherwise. We have to get Ethan's case file from CPS to review (as if we will learn anything new) but it's part of the process. We have our Presentation Staffing on May 1st. This is the meeting where we are chosen as parents. I thought the last meeting was that one but was confused! Then the adoption should be May 8. The adoption caseworker seemed to think it was official. I'll find out for sure tomorrow hopefully.

Ethan is an eating machine! We've been working our way thru veggies and fruits and he likes everything! I've been making my own baby food and hope that he will not be a picky eater as a result. Maybe he will take after Waylan instead of me in the food department. So far so good. And he is finally eating the amount of formula he should have for his age. AND, I am happy to announce the boy is sleeping all night now! Woo hoo! That's cause for celebration right there!

Waylan put together a new swingset for Justine. He did it by himself and in just 2 days. I just knew he would need help but he didn't. Justine took it for a test drive before bed on Monday night and it was her first request the next morning and again this morning. I was also amazed that she knew how to swing by herself. When did she learn that?? She is just getting so big! She loves to help Ethan. Especially when it comes to feeding him puffs. She pours out half the container for him. And he doesn't even know how to feed them to himself yet.

No comments: