Monday, March 2, 2009

Addicted to Facebook

I think ever since I started using Facebook I've not been current on my blog. So I apologize to my non-Facebook family and friends. So here's for an update.

Waylan and I just started a new fitness and nutrition program called P90X. If you aren't familiar with it just know it's so intense. The workouts include working EVERY muscle group in your body, yoga, kick boxing and stretching. And lots of abs! It's a 90 day program, working a particular exercise series 6 days on and 1 day off for 3 weeks then "resting" on the 4th week. "Resting" is yoga, stretching and kickboxing so I think they could have used a different term...haha. Then the workouts are switched up for another 4 week session and then finally another switch up for the last 4 weeks. The basis is to keep your muscles confused so you don't plateau. I actually got up at 5:30am and did the first workout today. It took about an hour and a half and I must say I didn't do too bad. Didn't do too good either but I held my own for a weakling that hasn't had any exercise worth writing home about since 1990!! Yes, that would be 18 years of LAZY! Holy cow! I even did 10 push ups. Ok, so they were the girlie kind on my knees but did I mention I'm working on my 18th year of lazy? It also has a nutrition program to go along with it. I think it's the obvious that I'm not in this to lose weight but Waylan is and so we will both attempt to eat healthy. I'm just the worst at counting calories and all that stuff so we'll see how it goes.

As for the kiddos...

Ethan is almost 5 months old. I can't believe it! Five months on Wednesday. He has recently started eating oatmeal and as of yesterday green beans. The funniest faces come from that boy while eating green beans! I get a good laugh. He will now lay on the floor and "play" with toys. He reaches and rolls to get to his toys. So cute. He is still a "I want it when I want it" kind of child and screams to let you know when things aren't going his way. And the scream is a girly, high pitched scream. Even Justine never did that. I weighed him last week and he weighed 15.5 pounds. He is officially wearing 6 months clothes. The 3-6 months clothes came about mid calf and mid forearm. After his 4 month check up he started taking more formula at a time. But he still doesn't take the 7-8 oz recommended feeding. He's hovering around 5-6 oz about every 3 hours. He should be taking more less often; not less more often. But when he's done, he's done. Calling the shots already...I've got my work cut out for me. Especially if he still eats the smaller all day meals when he's 16 and 6 foot something! For the most part he has dropped one night feeding. He's been waking up still every 3 hours and I push him through one of the feedings by putting him back to sleep without a bottle. Last night for the first time he slept from midnight to 6am. He has a mohawk. Absolutely NO hair on the sides. I told Waylan we're going to have to cut his hair just so he doesn't look funny. Still not quite sure on the color but still leaning towards a red head. We are almost ready for his adoption to be final. Just about 2 more months to go. I'll be contacting the attorney soon to see if we can book May 11. We're hoping the court does adoptions on Mondays.

Now for Justine. She's 3 1/2 going on 13! She's still into her 'boyfriends'. At Children's Lighthouse her boyfriend is Carson. At Parent's Day Out her boyfried is Michael. And occasionally she also throws Jared into the mix who is also at Parent's Day Out. We've had some issues lately with her behavior. She's been in trouble A LOT for acting out, throwing tantrums and flat out disobeying to our face. She got pretty much every toy taken away last week and has been slowly earning them back with good behavior. We never know what to expect with her right now and hope this is just a phase that will be over very quickly. But we all know the sweet, smart Justine and she is growing up so fast. For the first time last Tuesday night she said her first prayer all by herself. Before she would just say what I said. But this time she went after it all by herself and the first words were, "Dear God, thank you for my mommy and daddy." If that doesn't bring a tear I don't know what does! Then it followed with her looking up at me and asking, "can I pray for Carson?" I said yes and she prayed, "thank you for Carson, he my boyfriend, he my buddy. I his girlfriend." Oh my! I'm so in trouble. But regardless of what she prayed I was so proud of her for talking to our God. She is getting so big. She brings home her papers from "school" and she can trace all her letters and is cutting with scissors so good. She can tell you what letter a word starts with (most of the time) by sounding it out. She can sort of count to 30. She skips around alot after 20. Tonight she packed her own lunch box for school (her new chore). She is talking a lot more clear but still has trouble with some letters/sounds like "L" and "th". She will start Pre-K in public school next year. That pretty much makes me feel old. She is very loving to us and Ethan; giving kisses all the time.

What's ahead for me and Waylan... Waylan is in officer training. The department broke ground today on a new station that will open in September and a second to open next year. They will be hiring 27 new firefighters and Waylan hopes to promote to driver. He's also busy with his taxidermy work and is doing a great job at it. He's actually getting work from word of mouth which is cool. For me and work it's been very busy but good busy. Pastor Lash knows what he's doing and the church has some great days ahead. Just means more work for me. I'm hoping in the not so far future we can hire another admin to help me in the office. We'll see. On a personal note I am going to a scrapbook retreat March 26-29 and can't wait. I typically look forward to all the hours of scrapbook time at retreats but this year...I'm getting some serious sleep too! 5 months of interrupted sleep does a doozy on a person.

Well, I think that catches us up. I added a few pics to dropshots last week. But need to go all the way back to Christmas to get totally caught up. Some day...

1 comment:

cmchrisk said...

Loved reading your update. My B-I-L and S-I-L did p90x and his before and after shots were really noticeable. Although, not quite like the infomercial, because they didn't really follow the diet part of it. Glad to hear the kiddos are doing well. I also pray that Justine's behavior is just a phase. Usually is..... see you tomorrow.