Hey Mikey! He likes it!
This time it worked. Ethan ate his cereal!! And was excited about it too. With wide open eyes and excitement in his whole body, he opened his mouth in anticipation of the spoon each time. He still made some funny faces and didn't guzzle down each spoonful. But one tablespoon of cereal mixed with 1 oz of formula is now in his tummy! Yea Ethan.
After being the baby king of puke last weekend he has not been able to get back on a regular feeding schedule. For starters, his already low appetite was nearly squelched. He was eating 4-5 oz per feed before getting sick and afterwards would only take 1-2 oz at a time for several days and in no pattern. Today, FINALLY, he has returned to some order. He actually finished three 4 oz bottles between noon and 7pm then had his cereal and another ounce to wash it down. Then a bath and another ounce just before bed. Maybe, just maybe, he will sleep longer between feeds tonight. Or even skip his night feedings. Well, I suppose that's asking a lot.
I also added some new decor to the kitchen tonight: the highchair. I can't find the shoulder straps it came with and was afraid he would just fall right over but he did perfect. The curved seat design held him perfectly.
His highchair (Justine's old highchair) has an activity toy on it. He loved it too!
Ethan turned 4 months old on Wednesday. I failed to take his 4 month picture until today so here is Sweet Boy at 4 months 3 days. Is he cute or what?!?!
Last night Waylan and Justine camped out in the living room. The only tents we have won't fit Waylan so they slept on an air mattress in the living room floor. And boy did they stay up late. I went to bed around 11pm and Justine was STILL UP! They ate popcorn in bed and watched Shrek. Justine asked if she could do it again tonight so we had to let her down easy.
Getting the bed ready...
Nice and comfy. This is pre-popcorn...



2 comments:
How sweet! I think Ethan is almost as long as Justine!!!
Sounds like a fun night! Glad to hear Ethan is doing better too!
Post a Comment