I had some errands to run so I wrapped up my LO and went out. Shortly after I left the complex she began getting upset in the car seat. I wasn't planning on stopping at Target but I did need to get a few things from there and it was so close where my LO began to cry. I figured she would calm down once I took her out of the car seat.
When I took her out she seemed to be doing much better but by the time I got in the store she was full blown crying. Even though she just ate I knew she was hungry again. There isn't anywhere to nurse at Target (I ebf) so I went to the baby section where they have a nursery display up, I sat in the rocker, pulled out my little nursing cover and fed my baby. Across from where I was I could see an older female employee stocking the shelves. Once I was burping my daughter she pooped rather explosively which made her upset again so I pulled out my portable changing pad, set it on the changing table and changed her diaper. As soon as I got that dirty diaper off my LO calmed down.
Then the employee stops what she is doing, comes towards me and say's "Mame, this is a display, it is not meant to be used." The first thing I thought was 'no duh' but I didn't say that. I told her that I don't usually do this but I'm using my own pad and my baby needed to be changed so I changed her. Then she proceeds to explain to me that there is a changing station in the bathroom. By this point my patience is dwindiling. I told her "I know what's in the bathroom but my dasughter was crying here, so I changed her here!"
I was so irritated. Does she know how much money I spend at that store! She is not the manager, what does she care! I've been shopping there for quite a while and the entire time I've been coming there they have had that sorry display up! It is dingey and falling apart! They wouldn't be able to sell that stuff if they wanted to! Even today when I was there there were two boys playing all over the rocker. The only reason I hesitated to change her there was thinking about how filthy all of that stuff must be, but then I realised that changing table in the bathroom is at least as dirty and I would have to carry my crying baby to the opposite end of the store to change her.
Can you believe that. I'm interested in your honest opinions.
Is that not crazy?



4 comments:
I would have never changed my baby in the middle of the store...maybe it's just me that's crazy. But I would have walked with my crying infant, while lugging all of my gear, all the way across the store to the restroom...where diapers are supposed to be changed in a public place!!! Of course, I would have never sat in a display rocker and breast fed either...I would have gone out to the car if there was not a private place to nurse inside!!
But, then again, I'm very bashful, so maybe it's just me!
okay, well you guys are going to laugh at me then. No, I would not have changed the baby there, but I have BF in public. Once in Walmart in the customer service area on the bench and the other I was in a store with a friend I sat down in between the clothes racks and nursed Preston while sitting on the floor. Mind you, the store was not busy. Anyway, there you go... the adventures of a nursing mom!
wow! The changing of the poopy diaper on the display is unbelievable! I can't believe she would even consider that an option. As for BF in public, I have to say that I have done that in public several times (and am good at maintaining modesty), but I certainly wouldn't make myself that comfortable. Lyn
There's no way I would change a poopy diaper on the display!! As for BF in public, I've done it but really prefer not to because I'm a modest person. If I can't get to the car or have some other private place to do it, then I cover up with my nursing cover and try to get it done as quickly as I can. There's no way I would have nursed Ashton in the rocker...I would have walked back out to my car!
Post a Comment