Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Scrapbook Room Makeover

When we bought this house I insisted that I have my own dedicated scrapbook room. I got my way but my room hasn't been productive or organized at all. In fact, when Waylan cleaned out our storage unit a while back tons of stuff ended up in my room. And there was also stuff I had stored in Ethan's room that moved into my room. So to say it looks like a storage unit is an understatement.

For a while I've had a vision of what I want it to look like. I will be using a combination of these square cubes, stacked 2 high with a counter over top. This will cover 2 walls, making an L-shape. Above will be open shelving. There will be 2 work areas so 2 people can scrap at the same time. I just know Justine will be a scrapbooker some day so I'm making a spot for her and giving her a drawer of her own even now.

My dad understands my passion for scrapbooking and not only purchased most of the supplies but is also doing the labor as my Christmas gift. I couldn't ask for a better gift...go Dad!

I spent time today cleaning stuff out of my room (although still working on it). Now the playroom looks like a storage unit...LOL. I do have 2 trashbags worth of stuff headed to the dumpster (this is good news considering I'm a major packrat!). I also have some things I want to sell on ebay or craigslist if I ever get around to it. You would think cash in my pocket would be motivation to get that taken care of but it hasn't been yet. I also purchased a can of paint today and my project on Wednesday and Thursday is to paint the room; something I've not actually ever done believe it or not. Anyone got free time and want to paint with me? It's a taupe color, the furniture is white and my accent colors will be black and red. I'm so excited about having a my own space that is actually laid out in a way that works. I won't have to live out of my scrap bag anymore.

I'll post pictures of the progress and end result later. I can't wait!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

The girls and I can come over on Thursday and I can help you paint for a few hours and the kids can play. Let me know. :)

Elisha said...

What I great gift. Please show us pictures of the finished project!